Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Pre-Frankenstein

               I am eager to read a classical book such as Frankenstein and I am excited about the opportunity I and my fellow classmates have been given. I have not read or seen any of the movies so I am clueless about the setting and characters. All I know is that there is a misunderstood monster who the near-by townsfolk are terrified of.
               The age of nineteen seems incredible for one to be able to wright a timeless epic such as Frankenstein. Although I believe that many other teenagers and young adults would be able to construct other master peices if they would strive to acheive greatness. Think of all the wonders that could be imagined if children these days would quit watching Jersey Shore.
               Man can indeed create life. Man has come to the point of where he is able to create and recreate living organisms by will (and some scientific assisstance), but does he have the rights to create life. Some argue that man is becoming too powerful and that man is "playing god". That is an arguement based solely upon the reader's personal viewpoint. I have no bais towards this and I do not lean towards or away from either side of the argument.
                Yeah, I believe in the sorcerer's stone. I have like 5 of them laying around in my bedroom. They're not that special. No, I don't believe in anything supernatural or any kind of magical stones, this is not Harry Potter.

No comments:

Post a Comment